Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Iconic New York

Never mind the Empire State Building, the Flatiron Building is the ultimate icon of New York.  Or is it the Brooklyn Bridge? Or the Statue of Liberty?  Well, my vote is for the Flatiron Building, but if you ask me tomorrow I may have a different answer.


This is from the set of tiny  (1.75" x 2.75") cards, one of which I featured recently (the Brooklyn Bridge.) Although the Flatiron is my favorite, the others are also nice.


The Empire State Building would look more impressive if they hadn't cut the top off. This probably should have been a vertical shot.


And here's another view of the Brooklyn Bridge, this time from below.

And finally, the George Washington Bridge.

11 comments:

  1. The quest for prime location...Amazing! That was built way back, when we, Americans, were slimmer. Today it would be built as Fatiron, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really flat.
    Have never seen the picture of this bldg before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Flatiron Building -- and the others too! NYC is a wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And how many other cities followed with their own Flatiron buildings? Lots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kind of like the Flatiron Building as well. It's different. Love the cards, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen the Flatiron in person but I've loved it since I first saw it in photographs. I want to go inside and see what it feels like from that view.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for these - just a few weeks and I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That picture of the Flatiron building looks REALLY flat. It looks like it would blow over in a strong wind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know we're a fat nation and what Dorin said is true, but when I first saw it, I thought, "Wow, an anorexic building":)!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails