Thursday, December 8, 2011

Würzburg

I wanted to post this card today, because it was sent to the same address as yesterday's, to the lovely Villa des Marguerites on the Brittany Coast.  If you want to see a picture of the vila, check yesterday's post.

I have come to the conclusion that when people struck out the word Postkarte and replaced it with Drucksache (the equivalent of book rate), that they could then pay a lower postage rate, with the card presumably taking somewhat longer to reach its destination. That's merely a guess though. If you have a better explanation, please let me know.


The second card was sent from Würzburg too, though a few years earlier.  It was sent to Lara and Alma Kahn of Oakland, California.


4 comments:

  1. I understand what you mean.
    Here in India, if you write "book-post" then the rates are very low. (but unfortunately there is no guarantee of the delivery time)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are awesome postcards..love the tones of the paper and images.
    i learn something everytime i visit...rates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have postcards used in Germany so I had never seen any with "Drucksache."

    A couple of days ago I took a big box of books to the post office to mail. I had written BOOKS and MEDIA MAIL in big red letters on the box, but the clerk charged me about $6 too much until I told him that wasn't the rate I saw on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is interesting to see America at the bottom as they now have USA.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails