Thursday, May 27, 2010

Japanese Soft Drinks and Green KitKats

I have been told that this is a Japanese team-building propaganda postcard. I'm not sure of the year, but perhaps 1940?  The woman shown is working in a bottling facility for a soda company.  If anybody has anything to add to this, please do!
Contrast this with a postal green tea KitKat that my sister-in-law brought back from Japan last week:
It's like a KitKat postcard! There are five mini-size KitKats in this box, which you can send through the mail by just adding an address and a stamp. These KitKats really are bright green as shown on the box. There's no chocolate and they have a mild green tea flavor. So what is the green stuff? Well, as far as I'm concerned it's a mystery coating, especially as I couldn't read the Japanese list of ingredients. Maybe ignorance is bliss; I thought they were pretty good.  Here's a picture of one of the little KitKat packages inside the box:

And here's the back of the box:

5 comments:

  1. Oh, you're brave! I'm not sure I would try a green Kit Kat. The idea of getting chocolate through the mail is great, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the idea of having to design that KitKat card makes my eyes cross. So many things happening. And then green KitKat bars? I don't want to even think about taking the wrapper off a candy bar and finding out it's great. Did your sister try one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will vouch for the green Kit Kat being pretty tasty, not nearly as sweet at the chocolate version!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweets/Candy through the post, what a great concept. The Japanese seem to do all sorts of weird and wonderful flavours of kitkat. Milk chocolate or chunky seems rather dull now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. T and L,
    You're right about the design, and parts of the package are glossy and others are matte. The candy itself is not prominently features, which is interesting. Anyway, I don't know if my sister-in-law tried one or not.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails