Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Lahaina, Maui - Hawaii


As I mentioned, I'm in Hawaii this week. If you would like  a postcard from Hawaii (a new one or a reproduction of an old one), let me know and I'll send you one. The offer's only good until November 7, 1910 though. You can email me your mailing address here.  Karin, you'll get one in any case; wish you were here!

Here are three postcards from Lahaina on the island of Maui. The first one is perhaps a little earlier than the second, based on the cars, but both were produced by the same company at about the same time, both showing the Pioneer Hotel.

You can still stay at the hotel, which is now called the Lahaina Inn.
And here is an aerial view of Lahaina. There is quite a bit of additional development now, but in many ways it's not that different.



Here are the backs of the cards in the same order as above:

6 comments:

  1. Hawaii, from this side of the world with winter approaching, seems like one of those paradise places that don't really exist. Have a wonderful time in paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1910? Wow! I'm glad I'll be getting one without having to meet your deadline ;) ... Will you get to see Maui while you're over there?
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karin,
    No Maui this time or next time probably (only because the Big Island and Kauai would always win out.)
    As for the deadline...what, you never heard of time travel? Geez, it's the latest, greatest app for the iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hawaii? you lucky lucky girl! Have fun in the sun.
    & these cards are great btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine, these postcards are stirring great memories for me. We stayed in Lahaina on our last trip. Now, when I get to go again, I'll wanna look up this hotel. I went snorkeling and kayaking -- had anxiety attack but it was worth it cause I got to hear a whale singing! Underwater, for real!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails